OrderMate prep dockets can be configured to suit the needs of different venues. Making these docket customisations is simple. In fact the prep docket in OrderMate has many lines that can be enabled or disabled, or the font size and colour changed. A lot of these lines are set by default and it's just a matter of making the changes you desire.
Hint - When editing dockets, be very careful test everything after to make sure you haven't accidentally hidden or changed critical lines for your venue.
Step 1 - Select a Docket to Edit
A sample of dockets are displayed in the docket 'Template editor'. To edit, first select the desired docket that requires the changes.
Hint - You may need to place on order through the POS that includes the lines that you want to edit eg. editing plus's.
- In OfficeMate, navigate to the Template Editor by selecting - Officemate > Setup > Configuration > Printing Options > Docket Templates
- Select the 'Prep Docket' line
- Select the 'Edit' icon from the top of the screen
- From the dialog box, select the filters from the bottom to narrow down the docket that you want to make changes to
Step 2 - Selecting Hidden Lines
Many lines available can be edited, however a lot of them are hidden so that a true preview of the docket is shown. Showing these lines will enable them to be edited and made visible if needed.
- To see all available lines, select the 'Show not Visible' tick box from the bottom of the dialog box
- Click on the line that you want to show or hide (eg Account No. 25 below)
- Select the 'Visible' icon from the top of the dialog box
- For a preview of the changes, deselect the 'Show not Visible' tick box
Step 3 - Changing the Font
There are a combination of sizes and colours that make it easier for prep dockets to be read.
- Select the line you wish to edit (as above)
- Select any combination of the choices below for each line;
- The current selection will be shown in the example and as a box around the selections made
Step 4 - Replacing Text on the Docket
Sometimes venue's prefer different wording than what is by default set on dockets. Some of the standard wording can be changed using the replace feature.
- Highlight the Text that you want to replace
- Select the replace button (a small dialog box will be shown, as below)
- Type the wording to be replaced in the 'Replace This' field
- Type in the wording that you want it to be changed to in the 'With This' field.
- Select 'Add' to repeat
- Select ok to complete and preview
If your changes are not visible, try again with part of the sentence. Not all changes are possible eg. Menu item names should be changed from the 'Items' screen in WaiterMate.