OrderMate software has the ability to generate Gift Vouchers that can be sold and redeemed through WaiterMate. Multiple types of Vouchers can be configured to cater for different requirements or to track different groups of Vouchers ie. purchased in store versus purchased through a third party.
Gift Vouchers can work in conjunction with pre generated barcodes, manually created codes or the OrderMate system can auto create a QR code that can be printed for the customer at the receipt printer. Prior to being able to sell or redeem Gift Vouchers in WaiterMate, they must first be configured in OfficeMate.
Nb. The OrderMate Gift Voucher feature can not be used for complimentary vouchers as they require a Payment to be processed at the time of selling the voucher. Donation or Complimentary Discount Guide
Step 1 - Configuration of Gift Vouchers
Prior to being able to utilise the Gift Voucher feature in WaiterMate, some initial configuration is required in OfficeMate.
See guide on Configuration of Gift Vouchers.
Step 2 - Create the Voucher in WaiterMate
There are three different ways that vouchers can be used or created in WaiterMate.
- (a) A physical voucher can be created in WaiterMate and then printed using an attached receipt printer.
- (b) A Voucher number can be manually entered to utilise existing printed, pre numbered vouchers by the venue.
- (c) A Voucher number can be scanned into the system using a barcode scanner or swipe card reader for use with pre manufacture 'Gift Cards'. (Hardware and card specifications required)
1. From any account type in WaiterMate, select the 'Account Admin' icon.
2. Select the 'Voucher Purchase' icon.
3. Use one of the following methods;
(a) - Auto Create and Printing a Voucher
Select the 'Auto Create and Print' icon.
The select the 'Save' icon.
A Voucher with a scannable 'QR' code will be printed from the receipt printer.
*Hint - Ensure the printer has a business logo uploaded so that the voucher contains the business details. Contact the OrderMate team for more information.
(b) - Manually Create the Voucher number
Using the keyboard, manually enter the Voucher number using the following guidelines;
- Always begin with zero six '06'. This is the way in which OrderMate recognised this as a Gift Voucher number.
- Enter the Voucher prefix that has been configured in OfficeMate ie Man (For manual creation). This tells the WaiterMate which group of vouchers it belongs to.
- Enter a code for the voucher. This can contain numbers or letters but is case sensitive and should be the length configured in OfficeMate for this group.
Then select the 'OK' icon.
(c) - Scan the Voucher
Check for additional hardware and gift card requirements with the OrderMate team before purchasing a scanner or physical cards from a supplier.
Scan or swipe the card and then select the 'Save' icon.
*Hint - Creating the voucher can be completed in advance of the time of sale. Commonly physical gift cards are set up in 'batches' so that the staff are restricted to selling preconfigured cards only.
Step 3 - Confirm the Voucher Creation
Depending on the configuration of the Gift Vouchers in OfficeMate, the following message may be displayed.
Confirm the voucher creation by selecting the 'Yes' icon.
Step 4 - Choose the Topup Value of the Voucher
Once a Voucher has been created in WaiterMate, a monetary value should be assigned to it.
Either select a value from the 'Quick Topup' panel from the left of the screen or manually enter a value using the 'Value Deposited' keypad on the right.
Depending on the users permission level, the predetermined 'Voucher Expiry' can be altered by selecting in the 'Expiry Date' field.
Select the 'OK' icon.
The voucher will now be visible from the ordering screen in WaiterMate, ready for payment.
Step 5 - Pay for the Voucher
Select the 'Pay' icon from the ordering screen and choose the appropriate payment method as if this was a normal transaction.
*Hint - It is possible for a voucher to be added to an account that has existing menu items ordered to it. It is also possible for multiple vouchers to be purchased in one transaction.