At the end of each trading day all accounts should be closed, however sales can be stored by using the debtor module. Firstly create the Debtor and then sales will be able to be added to it.
Step 1: Transferring a sale to a Debtor
Once the debtor has been created, you can transfer a sale to the relevant debtor. Any sales received through this method will be included in the sales report for that day. The following explains how sales can be transferred through WaiterMate.
- You can process the customer’s order following the usual order taking process
- Once the customer is ready to pay and settle the account, you will need to apply the payment
- To process a payment, select the ‘Pay’ icon at the bottom right of the screen
- Select ‘Customer Account’ in the payment type.
- Once selected all debtors will be displayed. Select the Debtor as applicable. If required, you can search for debtors by Account, Customer or Date in the Debtors search field.
- If you selected the ‘Invoice requires note’ box, the item note screen will appear. Type your note and select OK.
- To view the Debtors, select the Debtor Tab from the top of the screen. The debtor can now be seen in orange indicating an outstanding balance – this means the debtor is in debit.
- You can view the individual sales by selecting the sale and clicking on ‘View Order Details’. You also have the option to print statements.