An Item is simply a product that you sell. Items can easily be created or edited in OrderMate Online.
NOTE: Only use this guide if you're not using OrderMate POS.
OrderMate POS users menu will automatically import from the POS! All Items, Options etc should be created in OfficeMate.
Select the 'All items' in the Group column. Then select any item in the 'All Items' column. From there you will be able to navigate through the tabs in the right column to access all information about that item.
How to set up a Item
In the header navigation, select Content, and then Items from the drop-down.
In the items editor, the left will list items already available within Ordermate Online. The item list can be filtered by selecting a group from the drop-down.
Adding a new item from scratch is simple, clicking "Create New Item" and you will be given a new item that you can edit.
Fill In the details in the item fields:
- You will need to add a title in the Title field. This is how your new item is identified within Ordermate Online. You can also set a display title if you wish. This is what will be seen by the customer.
- Set the visibility. You can set the visibility to "Not visible to customer" if you are not quite ready to show off your new item to the world!
- On the right under Groups, select one or more groups for your item to belong to. Groups are a handy way to organise your items and keep things neat.
- If you want to order your items, choose a weight. If you want Ordermate Online to arrange items for you, you can just leave the weight as 0.
If you want your customer to be prompted when they order your new item, add some options or questions.
- Select one or more Options or Questions to prompt your customer.
- Add any additional ingredients that can be added to the item.
- Select any removable ingredients.
OrderMate Online is all about the visuals! Jazz up your customer experience by adding media (images) to your item.
- Click "Browse" under Add A New File to for the image on your computer.
- Click "Upload".
- You'll need to give the Item a Default Price.
Depending on the item that you are editing, it may be necessary to make certain additions not visible to the customer.
The visibility of the addition can be easily changed by pressing the visibility drop-down box, and selecting "hidden from customer".
Once an Item has been created, it will be listed in the Item's list. Select this item to edit the details, as above.
You will have the option to delete the Item once it is selected, by clicking the 'delete Item' link.
Instead of having one page with these items, they will be broken up into tabs once the item is created to more efficiently make changes to already existing items: